Sunshine, you are my sunshine!
I was so excited when I got a notification on my blog that someone mentioned me in one of their blogs. I think it’s so amazing when others re-blog or mention my work in one of their posts. Knowing that people actually liked what I posted or found the info helpful to the point where they would share it makes the time I spend doing this worth it! I would like to thank ontheupcycle.wordpress.com for nominating me!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way to connect with other and recognize those fellow bloggers for all their hard work!
There are 5 simple steps that each blogger nominated needs to follow:
1. Share 11 facts a out yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions proposed by previous blogger.
3. Propose 11 questions for the next set of bloggers
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your choice.
5. Finally notify your nominees so they can pass it along!
Ok here we go…
11 facts about me…
1. My new obsession is coconut oil!
2. I love shoes and have lots of gorgeous shoes, but I’d rather be in flip flops any day!
3. I love all things Disney!
4. I almost always have my toes painted in a French manicure. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve painted them a color and I’ve never kept a color on longer than a few days because it drives me crazy! Yet I love the way colors look on other people!
5. I love the Muppets. Jim Henson was a genius.
6. My favorite book is “The End of The Affair” by Graham Greene. They made it into a movie and while they changed a few things it was excellent.
7. Speaking of.. I prefer to see the movie first then read the book, so I actually enjoy the movie instead of getting mad that they messed it up.
8. Despite being married, having a baby, and paying a mortgage, I still don’t feel like a grown up. And I’m not sure I ever will!
9. I love sci-fi… Even the campy ones with poor production… However, movies like Sharknato is where I draw my line.
10. I’m still convinced that I can get to Narnia someday… Someday…
11. I love painting, crafting, sculpting etc, but chose a profession complete unrelated.
Questions & My Answers
1. Why and When did you decide to start a blog?
Sometimes after I had my little one, I suddenly wanted to blog. I refused admittedly to blog, look at blogs, or even think about blogs for the longest time. Then it changed and here I am. 🙂
2. Tell us something interesting about you.
I also refused to use Pinterest for the longest time… Now I’m on it all the time!
3. What is your favorite TV Show?
I’ll go with Dr. Who as I was just watching it, but I really like being Human, and Gold Rush too. I also have an appreciation for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Chuggington, as my son seems to enjoy them.
4. Dog or Cat Person (or neither or both!)
5. What is your favorite season?
Spring and summer!!!
6. What inspires you the most?
Is it to cheeses to say love? But not just romantic love (while that can be inspiring). Love for your child, others, nature, etc. Inspiration can be cultivated from so many places!
7. Do you have a nickname? If so how did you acquire it?
Ali… Pretty self explanatory.
8. What is your favorite sport?
To watch… Rugby… or tennis… I know very random.
9. What is your favorite Holiday and Why?
Hmmmm. I would say that I generally like “the holidays” because I enjoy decorating and making things.
10. Sports car or Pickup Truck?
Neither! I’ll take my 4 door sedan, but I still live my first car, which was a station wagon!
11.If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
I kinda like where I live if it never snowed and wasn’t so expensive to live here.
Questions to my nominees…
1. Last meal you cooked at home?
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3. Fav boy band of all time? Ok guys I know you still had them, so don’t be shy now!
4. Best craft item ever?
5. If you could win a $5000 shopping spree to any store where would it be and why. (Assuming this money can only be used on you and for fun stuff… not like school clothes for the kids and groceries :))
6. Guilt pleasure tv show?
7. “42” is the answer to what question? (that’s for all my sci fi nerds out there!)
8. Favorite holiday and why?
9. If you could have grown up in any decade which would you chose?
10. What’s one talent you wish you had.
11. Favorite medium when crafting… Paper, wood, paint, etc?
My Sunshine Blogger Award Nominees:
As I am new to blogging (since i refused to for years), I have been inundated with finding amazing posts and blogs from wonderful creative individuals. As I said before I only recently revoked my refusal to blog and read blogs. In doing so with a new born I have had limited reading time, so I’m going to list my fave bloggers with the posts that I love!
1. On the Up Cycle: Yes I know that she nominated me, but I have to give her back the credit. I love her blog and that fact that she can commit to big projects and finish them!
2. MotherWise: A greats blog about parenting from the good, the bad, the ugly, and even elderberry syrup recipes!
3. Zoo Cutie Prinatbles: From her beautiful invitation kits, to her gorgeous holiday decorating her work is always beautiful!
4 JoyoSphere: I am on love with what she did to repurpose old wooden pallets!
5. Mommyscience: She has great ideas for lots of home made products such as floor cleaner, dish soap, and even toothpaste!
6. MyGoodWillFinds: A girl after my own heart. Love the great stuff she finds!